A legendary classic lens reborn
Leica Camera is pleased to expand its line of classic lenses with the Leica Thambar-M 90 mm f/2.2. First introduced in the mid-1930s where only about 3,000 units were produced, the new Thambar-M 90 mm f/2.2 has the same optical design but a modified exterior. The lens still produces the same dreamy, soft focus look of the original 83-year old lens.
The Leica Thambar-M 90 mm f/2.2 offers the following benefits:
- Optical design similar to the original Thambar-M 9 cm f/2.2
- Lens elements are now single-coated to protect the glass from the elements and corrosion
- Ensures the same, distinctive dreamy, soft focus look and unmistakeable bokeh
- Provides unmistakable imaging signature which cannot be reproduced by other lenses or digital processing
- Same proportions as original lens, with black paint finish and red and white aperture scales
- Red scale applies when the included center spot filter is in place, for a more dramatic softfocus effect. When working without the center spot filter, the white aperture scale is used.
- Meticulously crafted to the highest quality standards, with a primary focus on high-grade materials and durability
- Made in Germany, with a delivery scope that includes: metal lens hood, center spot glass filter with metal rim, metal lens cap and a hard leather case in vintage brown color – similar to the original
Warranty: Leica Camera AG (‘LEICA’) provides a 3 Year Passport Warranty which provides protection against manufacturer defects, functional failures, or any accidental damage to the covered Product including breakage, water damage, or any accident. Excluded are occurrences of fire, loss, theft or signs of deliberate damage.
Please contact us if you require additional details.