As a moderate wide-angle prime, the APO-Summicron-SL 35 f/2 ASPH is almost a universal lens. Its fast autofocus, robust design and construction and exceptional imaging quality make it an outstanding lens for reportage and a convincing choice for other areas of photography such as architecture, landscapes, portraiture and studio work. It is perfectly matched to the cutting-edge SL-System and has been conceived for a long working life under professional shooting conditions.
The new Summicron-SL prime delivers extremely high imaging performance at its largest aperture, ideal for photography in any difficult lighting conditions. Further rounding out its creative photographic qualities, images from the lens exhibit natural skin tones, beautiful bokeh, outstanding contrast and corner-to-corner sharpness for a distortion-free image. This lens promises to give Leica SL users one of the most versatile all-purpose focal lengths with powerful image quality and peak autofocus performance, which can find its way into the camera bags of all kinds of photographers.
The optical formula for the APO-Summicron-SL 35mm f/2 ASPH achieves this level of image quality through its design of 13 lens elements, 5 of which are aspherical, in 11 groups. To further correct for unwanted chromatic aberrations, the lens utilizes apochromatic corrections. All of these technical qualities combined with its rugged metal construction, weather sealing against dust and spray water, Aquadura water-resistant exterior glass coatings and a fast Dual Synchro Drive autofocus leads to an amazingly capable pro-grade tool for all types of photography.
The Leica APO-Summicron-SL 35 mm f/2 ASPH offers the following benefits:
• A versatile focal length which is Ideal in many situations - street photography, portrait, etc.
• Razor-thin depth of field in combination with exceptional imaging performance.
• Opens up new horizons for photography in the transitional zone between standard and telephoto focal lengths.
• Minimum focus distance of 0.5 m for tight close-up portraits and higher magnification.
• Highest image quality at all apertures with maximum detail transfer and pure color reproduction from the center to the edges over all distances and F-stop settings.
• The Dual Syncro Drive Precision Autofocus allows the Summicron-SL lenses to focus from infinity to the closest focusing distance with exceptional speed and achieving top performance, features important in the professional camera segment.
• Two aspherical elements are included in the design to ensure optimum imaging performance across the entire image field.
• From the closest focusing distance to infinity, optimum imaging performance is ensured due to the floating lens element.
• Each lens offers a special look synonymous with Leica photography with the shallow depth of field, exceptional imaging performance and the 3D “pop” that separates subjects from the background.
• Meticulously crafted to the highest quality standards, with a primary focus on high-grade materials and durability, important for professional use.
• Lens hoods individually matched to prevent light from entering the lens from the sides. A perfectly calculated lens hood is essential for maximum contrast in every lighting situation.
• Lenses have Leica AquaDura® coating which protects the exposed lens surfaces from dirt and scratching. Seals on the front element, the focusing ring and the bayonet ensure that lenses mounted on the camera are well protected from the elements.
• Made in Germany, with a delivery scope that includes: lens hood, lens caps and lens bag.
Leica Camera AG (‘LEICA’) provides a two-year international warranty for your LEICA product, valid from the date of purchase from an authorized LEICA dealer.
Please contact us if you require additional details.